Monday, May 2, 2011

Cheap and Cute Bathroom Storage


Do you love Pottery Barn?  I have a love/hate relationship with this place.  I love drooling over the catalog and online photo's of the beautiful displays and dream of having a house right out of the pages of one of those catalogs.  I hate the prices and the reality that I will never pay for a house decorated out of a PB catalog (even if I could afford it, I wouldn't pay for it).  With my friends on other blogs who have posted some awesome PB knock offs (just Google "Pottery Barn Knock Off blog" or "Pottery Barn Hack Blog"), I have been inspired to create my own PB style decor. 

I recently redecorated my bathroom in a beach theme, inspired by a trip to the Virgin Islands last fall.  It is much brighter and more airy and I wanted some really cute, rustic style storage for Q-tips and cotton balls, etc.  I love the organic feel of the storage containers here but wasn't about to spend $27 for a small one, let alone $32 for a larger one.  I went to Michael's and found some mason jars and took the lids off and just filled 'em up.  It's that simple.  The candle holder one (another PB idea) costs me about $8.  The Jar was $3.50 and the sand was $2.  Candle from Yankee Candle Co. was also $2.  These could easily be made into hanging jars with some twisted wire, if you have the space to display them.  Total for all three jars was right around $10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment